Warming Up

Warming Up

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Video: Wynton Catching a Snake

Lots going on right now so I don’t have time to post anything extravagant. But check out this video documentary of Wynton from 1985 – “Catching a Snake.” Though I have a ton of respect for Marsalis, I am generally not a huge fan – I do enjoy “Black Codes From The Underground,” “Live From The House Of Tribes,” and some things from the “Standard Time” albums – but there’s no denying that Wynton is an amazing trumpet player and an economic force for jazz. This is a really cool video. As a trumpet player, there sure is a lot to learn here! Hope you enjoy.


Wynton Marsalis 1985 Profile: "Catching a Snake" from Wynton Marsalis on Vimeo.


1 comment:

  1. I didn't watch the whole thing, but I like the older footage when he's first starting out.

    ReplyDelete